The Nepal Herbs and Herbal Products Association (NEHHPA) is an umbrella organization of Nepalese herbal producers, manufacturers and traders in the sector of Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFPs), particularly Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs).
Established in 2002, NEHHPA now counts with more than 100+ member companies throughout Nepal sharing the same goals:
Promoting Nepal’s unique herbs and herbal products at the national and international levels
Strengthening responsible business through producing and marketing quality products.
Sustainable, profitable and healthy commercialization of herbs and herbal products in Nepal.
- To understand and respond to members' business development needs and aspirations and create enabling environment
- To provide business services in terms of knowledge, information, skills, advocacy and business development services to the stakeholders
- To attract, serve and mobilize new members by providing afforable, accessible and applicable business service and
- To work closely and collaboratively with members and stakeholders to promote profitable MAP business enterprises
Herbal collectors and producers
NEHHPA actively supports its member companies through:
Marketing and Networking
- Create Information and Database Develoment hub and disseminate widely charging fees for them
- Conduct training on application of information and communication technology in doing market research, e-commerce and market information sharing
- Develop and disseminate sustainable harvesting and inventory guideline for priority NTFPs/MAPs species
- Enhance marketing capacity of privatr sectors, NEHHPA members, investors, traders, entreprenuers and collectors/producers
- Develop different marketing options based on the low, medium and high end markets through smart use of information and communication technologies and social media
- Collaborate with government line agencies and developing agencies for Nepal herbal product brand, prepare adequate background to implement the branding
- Develop capacity of organisation to provide services on-demand for business development services or BDS (e.g., business plan development, project management)
- Develop and execute a common and agreed brand or trademark of Nepalese unique and valuable NTFPs/MAPs in the international market highlighting their special features and chemistry
- Set up a national laboratory through public-private partnership (PPP) that issues internationally recognised product certificates
Research and Quality Assessment
- Collaborate with government and non-government projects for projects on training, event management, overhead, establishment of processing plants etc.
- Implement the HS code and redefine processing definition eligible for national and international standard seperately
- Explore certification agencies (may be from Insia) having internationally credited and recognised in low cost that could be affordable
- Organize national level policy advocacy and interaction workshops on diversifying markets and promoting trade of NTFPs/MAPs
- Identify and disseminate the demand situation (volume, price, etc.) of prioritized NTFPs/MAPs for domestic and international markets
- Develop and strengthen networks and affiliations with herbal associations in India, China, Europe, America and other third world countries