Terms of Reference (ToR) For a Event Manager for Overall Coordination of Nepal Herbs Expo 2019
Nepal Herbs and Herbal Products Association (NEHHPA) is an umbrella organization of Nepaliherbal collectors, producers, manufacturers and traders in the sector of Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFPs), particularly Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs). Established in 2002, NEHHPA now accounts for more than hundred herbal companies. The main goal of NEHHPA is to promote Nepal’s high quality herbs and herbal products at the national and international levels and strengthening responsible business through producing and marketing quality products. NEHHPA activities include marketing and networking, business development, capacity building, research and quality assessment and advocating for its members companies. NEHHPA provides necessary support to the rural community for producing and marketing quality products. NEHHPA achieves its goal through conducting various programs, events and activities that are supportive to have extended marketing capabilities of its members as well as the entrepreneurs in this sector.
NEHHPA organized Nepal Herbs Ayurveda Expo from last year as a solo organizer; however as a co-organizer we managed the expo for last seven years. For 2019 too, NEHHPA is going to organize this major event. The Nepal Herbs expo is one of the major initiatives of NEHHPA. This expo will bring together a wide range of herbs and herbs related products which are known to all as well as explore the new product among the consumers and buyers. The diverse SMEs in herbs sector will be gathered from all over the Nepal and bring the processed, crude and refined products of both the herbs and agro. In addition, buyers from different countries will witness their active participation in the expo and the buyer seller meet will be organized for strengthening the MAPs sector of Nepal. This year we are offering the visitors, buyers as well as exhibitors unique opportunity to attend some side events for the information and knowledge sharing regarding the MAPs sector.
The main objective of conducting the side events is to broaden and deepen the experience of all associated stakes of MAPs. In addition, the side events will educate the public, share innovation, inspire and connect the actions of relevant organization working in MAPs.
Details of Assignment
• Take fully responsible to manage the side events during the expo- Marketing, Communicating, and finalizing the speaker and audiences for each side events to be organized. Planning, Designing and managing the sessions of side events in discussion with NEHHPA team.
• Coordinate for creating the page regarding expo in the website as well as in social sites that includes all information for participants planning to attend the event. Draft a ToR for the event management agency too.
• Communications through frequent email to the relevant exhibitors sponsors and develops and maintain an invitation lists of exhibitors and sponsors.
• Invite the sponsors and exhibitors through email and visit the companies and organization for marketing.
• Draft all promotional materials like brochure, flyers, sponsorship and exhibiting proposal and other needing documents in consultation with NEHHPA team.
• Arrange all the logistics related with International buyers.
• Conduct International buyer seller meet at expo.
• During the event, work closely with the event organizers and the to ensure smooth implementation of all aspects of the event, including protocols, participant travel (international and local), accommodation, official dinners and lunches, sessions, and field visits.
• Maintain the relationships with the relevant stakeholders throughout all phases of this initiative.
He/She will start the work immediately after the selection process.
Consultant in close consultation with NEHHPA will develop all the materials. The methodology and materials will be presented to and discussed with NEHHPA team before actual implementation.
• Report of each side events
• Report of overall expo at the end.
• Time Sheet
The consultant should have following requirements:
• At least Masters Degree in Business Management or relevant field.
• Having more than five years of experience in event management and marketing of the event.
• Proficient in both English and Nepali.
Interested Consultant is requested to send application mentioning their expectations for the task in monthly basis along with CV no later than 13th of January 2019 to:
You can drop hard copies in
Nepal Herbs and Herbal Products Association (NEHHPA)
FNCCI Marg, Teku, Kathmandu, Nepal
Contact No. 977 1 4100207
Download quotation format here